Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water damages can cause mold growth in your home or business; therefore, it is important to have your water damage cleaned promptly and professionally.
Signs of the presences of excessive mold include:
- Visible mold
- Strong, musty odors
- Excessive humidity in your home or office
Mold is most likely to occur in the following areas:
- Dark spaces that receive very little light
- Spaces already predisposed to high levels of humidity such as in your bathroom
If you have any of these signs of mold, then call us immediately so we can assess the damage. We are here to promptly clean-up any water damage that you may have from a leaking roof to a completely flooded home. Call us today at 847-469-6982 to prevent water from turning into mold growth
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (847) 469-6982
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Mundelein / North Wauconda for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Mundelein / North Wauconda has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Round Lake
- Island Lake
- Mylith Park
- Tower Lakes
- Diamond Lake