Wauconda Community Takes Part in National Preparedness Month?
Our local Mundelein and North Wauconda teams are trusted leaders in storm damage restoration services. Disasters can occur for many reasons, so it is good for everyone in the community to be prepared for any eventuality!
In September each year, the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) hosts National Preparedness Month, and this year’s theme focuses on meeting the needs of elderly populations when a disaster occurs. According to the Red Cross, several factors make older adults more vulnerable, including:
- A greater prevalence of chronic conditions, multi-morbidity, cognitive impairment, and medication concerns during disasters.
- A greater dependence on assistive devices (i.e., walkers, glasses) and support. requirements, from caregivers and others, during disasters.
- Likelihood of social isolation.
- Potential for psychological distress
- Gaps in how prepared the caregivers of older persons are, especially those who care for older adults with dementia.
When individuals and communities are prepared, they are better equipped to handle emergencies, reducing the burden on first responders and emergency services. This allows these organizations to focus their resources on the most critical areas and provide assistance to those who need it the most.
Call Us Today!
When your home or business in Wauconda has a storm damage emergency, our local Mundelein and North Wauconda teams are Here to Help. ® Call us today at 224-372-7064.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.