Dirty Air Exhaust Vent Causes Clothes Dryer Fire in Wauconda Home?
Have you cleaned your dryer exhaust vent pipe lately? Doing so may prevent a home fire from occurring. Our local Mundelein and North Wauconda teams have been restoring fire damage in Wauconda for years, and provide these clothes dryer safety tips from the National Fire Protection Association:
- Have your dryer installed and serviced by a professional.
- Do not use the dryer without a lint filter.
- Make sure you clean the lint filter before or after each load of laundry. Remove lint that has collected around the drum.
- Rigid or flexible metal venting material should be used to sustain proper air flow and drying time.
- Make sure the air exhaust vent pipe is not restricted and the outdoor vent flap will open when the dryer is operating. Once a year, or more often if you notice that it is taking longer than normal for your clothes to dry, clean lint out of the vent pipe or have a dryer lint removal service do it for you.
- Keep dryers in good working order. Gas dryers should be inspected by a qualified professional to make sure that the gas line and connection are intact and free of leaks.
- Make sure the right plug and outlet are used and that the machine is connected properly.
- Follow the manufacturer’s operating instructions and do not overload your dryer.
- Turn the dryer off if you leave home or when you go to bed.
Call Us Today!
When your home or commercial business in Wauconda has a fire damage emergency, our local Mundelein and North Wauconda teams are Here to Help. ® Call us today at 224-372-7064.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.