What Can I Do to Mitigate the Water Damage in My Building While Waiting for Professional Help to Arrive in Mundelein?
When you discover water damage in your commercial property, fast action is required to prevent secondary damage and more time-consuming repairs. While waiting for professional help to arrive, there are things you can and should not do. Our local Mundelein and North Wauconda teams offer these helpful tips from our website:
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after the removal of lamps and tabletop items
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place
- Gather loose items from floors
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place
- Hang furs and leather goods
- Don't leave books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpets or floors
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water
- Don't use television or other appliances
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging
Call Us Today!
When your business or home in Mundelein has water damage, our local Mundelein and North Wauconda team is Here to Help. ® Call us today at 224-372-7064.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.