Wauconda Residents Saved from Harm by Practicing Fire Escape Plan?
Our local Mundelein and North Wauconda teams want everyone in Wauconda to be prepared in the event a home fire happens. The first step to developing a fire escape plan is to create a plan that works for everyone in the home. Here are some fire escape planning tips from the National Fire Protection Association to help you create an escape plan for your family:
- Make a home escape plan. Draw a map of your home showing all of the doors and windows. Discuss the plan with everyone in your home.
- Know at least two ways out of every room, if possible. Make sure all doors and windows leading outside open easily.
- Have a designated place (tree, mailbox, light pole) a safe distance away from the house where everyone should meet.
- Practice your home fire drill at night and during the day with everyone in your home, twice a year
- Practice using different ways out
- Teach children how to escape on their own in case you can’t help them
- Close doors behind you as you leave
The second step is to be sure to practice your plan with all family members at least twice a year. Make the drill as realistic as possible and make sure you have a plan for anyone in your home with a disability.
Call Us Today!
When your home or commercial business has fire damage, our local Mundelein and North Wauconda team will restore the damage “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 224-372-7064.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.