Mundelein Home Sustains Water Damage from Leaking Ice Maker?
It wasn’t until I pulled my refrigerator out to clean underneath it that I saw the water damage to my Cherrywood floor. The water supply line to the ice and water dispenser had a leak that only dripped when the ice maker or water feature was being used. The water leak had gone on for several months before I detected a funny musty odor and began deep cleaning my kitchen. The damage was so severe that the floors had to be replaced in my kitchen!
Our local Mundelein and North Wauconda teams respond to water damage emergencies every year in Mundelein, and many of them involve water damage from a failed kitchen appliance. Here are some refrigerator loss prevention and maintenance tips from the Insurance Institute for Business and Home Safety:
- Tightly connect the hose to the valve, and avoid over-tightening
- Ensure the valve connection is secure and check for kinks
- Inspect the hose every six months
- If kinks are present, replace the hose
- Leave a three-to-four-inch space between the back of the refrigerator and the wall to prevent the hose from crimping
- When pulling the refrigerator out for cleaning or service, avoid getting the hose caught beneath the wheel
- Locate the water shut-off valve
- Inspect the valve every six months to make sure the water supply will shut off, and replace the valve if needed
When your home or commercial business has a water damage emergency, our local Mundelein and North Wauconda team will restore the damage “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 224-372-7064.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.