What Can I Do If I Discover Mold Growing in My Home in Mundelein?
If you smell a strong musty odor, you probably have a mold problem lurking somewhere in your home. Our local Mundelein and North Wauconda team restores mold damage following state and local laws and regulations. Here are some tips from our website for things you can and should not do while waiting for professional help to arrive:
What to Do
- Stay out of affected areas
- Turn off the heating, air conditioning, and ventilation (HVAC) system and fans
- Contact SERVPRO of Mundelein/North Wauconda for mold remediation services
What Not to Do
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold
- Under the right warm and moist conditions, mold can colonize within 48 to 72 hours
- Mold left untreated can spread to other areas of a structure quickly
- Mold outbreaks are often caused by hidden water damage
- Mold feeds on all kinds of organic materials: clothing, upholstery, drywall, carpeting, wood, and more
Call Us Today!
When you discover mold damage in your Mundelein home or commercial business, our Mundelein and North Wauconda team is Here to Help. ® Call us today at 224-372-7064.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.