Storm Knocks Power Out in Mundelein?
Our local Mundelein and North Wauconda team responds to storm damage emergencies throughout the year in Mundelein. When a storm knocks out power in your home, your food supplies may be compromised. Here are some tips from the United States Department of Agriculture for things you can do to protect your food if you have a temporary power outage:
- Monitor Temperatures: Keep an appliance thermometer in both the refrigerator and freezer. Make sure the refrigerator temperature is at 40 F or below and the freezer is at 0 F or below.
- 4-Hour Window: Your refrigerator will keep food safe for up to 4 hours during a power outage. After 4 hours without power, discard refrigerated perishable food. Meat, poultry, fish, eggs, and leftovers must be thrown out.
- When in Doubt, Throw it Out: Never taste food to determine its safety.
- Food Keeps Longer in a Freezer: If the doors stay closed, food will stay safe for up to 48 hours in a full freezer and 24 hours in a half-full freezer.
- Use a Cooler: Transfer food to a cooler and fill it with ice or frozen gel packs. Make sure there is enough ice to keep food in the cooler at 40 F or below. Add more ice to the cooler as it begins to melt.
When your home or commercial business in Mundelein needs emergency storm damage restoration services, our Mundelein and North Wauconda team is Here to Help. ® We typically arrive onsite within four hours of your call for help. Call us today at 224-372-7064.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.