Frozen Pipe Problem in Mundelein Home?
Our local teams in Mundelein and North Wauconda are Here to Help ® when you have frozen pipe damage. Here is some information from the American Red Cross for protecting your pipes from freezing:
- Add insulation to attics, basements, and crawl spaces. Insulation will maintain higher temperatures in these areas.
- Drain water from swimming pools and water sprinkler supply lines following the manufacturer's or installer's directions
- Remove, drain, and store hoses used outdoors. Close inside valves supplying outdoor hose bibs. Open the outside hose bibs to allow water to drain. Keep the outside valve open so that any water remaining in the pipe can expand without causing the pipe to break.
- Check around the home for other areas where water supply lines are located in unheated areas. Look in the garage and under the kitchen and bathroom cabinets. Both hot and cold-water pipes in these areas should be insulated.
- Consider installing specific products made to insulate water pipes, like a "pipe sleeve" or installing UL-listed "heat tape," "heat cable," or similar materials on exposed water pipes. Newspaper can provide some degree of insulation and protection to exposed pipes – even ¼ inch of newspaper can provide significant protection in areas that usually do not have frequent or prolonged temperatures below freezing.
- Consider relocating exposed pipes to provide increased protection from freezing
Call Us Today!
When your home or commercial business in Mundelein has frozen pipe damage, our Mundelein and North Wauconda team will restore the damage “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 224-372-7064.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.