Recent Biohazard Posts
Jobs that can be Biohazardous
SERVPRO of Mundelein/North Wauconda professionals are trained to safely and effectively removed bio-hazardous substances and prepare waste for proper disposal according to OSHA, EPA, and state and local health regulations. Equipped with the necessary safety equipment and cleaning products, SERVPRO professionals help turn unsafe environments into clean, safe homes, and offices.
SERVPRO Mundelein/North Wauconda remove and dispose of bodily fluids, tissue, and other potentially pathogenic substances resulting from accident, trauma, crime, or death. Trained SERVPRO technicians thoroughly clean, disinfect, and deodorize the structure.
Many of the chemicals used in the production of illegal drugs such as methamphetamine are volatile and can leave harmful residues throughout a structure. SERVPRO of Mundelein/North Wauconda follow federal and state guidelines to properly clean all surfaces.
Crime Scene Residues
From fingerprint powder and evidence-gathering chemicals to tear gas and pepper spray residues, SERVPRO of Mundelein/North Wauconda can clean and restore your property and contents.
Arson and Vandalism
SERVPRO is recognized as leaders at helping property owners recover quickly from fire and water damage. SERVPRO also provides general cleaning and deodorization services for situations resulting from vandalism including graffiti, egg, spoiled foods, and human or animal waste.
Sewage backups and black water intrusions are more than nasty, smelly deposits- these damages also introduce harmful microorganisms into a structure. SERVPRO remove the sewage, contaminants and moisture, disinfecting as they clean. SERVPRO help ensure the structure is properly cleaned, disinfected, and deodorized.
Call us today for more information
Biohazard Clean up
Biohazard contaminants should be considered very dangerous as they can pose a serious health risk. Sewer backups and flood water are two common biohazard scenarios that can affect homes and businesses. SERVPRO of Mundelein/North Wauconda has the training, protective gear, and specialized equipment necessary to safely clean and restore this type of contamination.
Need Biohazard Cleanup? Call Us Today – 847-469-6982
After any biohazard or sewage contamination in your home or business, your primary focus should be safety:
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Exposure to biological and chemical contaminants can pose serious health consequences.
- Flood water can contain sewage, pesticides, and other contaminants.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
What to Do After a Contamination
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Call emergency service personnel if the situation is life-threatening.
- Treat all bodily fluids as if they are contaminated.
- Turn off the HVAC system if there is sewage damage.
What Not to Do After a Contamination
- Don’t leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don’t leave books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don’t use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don’t use television or other household appliances.
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
24 Hour Emergency Service
Biohazards like flood water or sewer backups should be considered an emergency and dealt with as quickly as possible. SERVPRO of Mundelein/North Wauconda has water damage restoration specialists and has specific training and expertise to safely remediate biohazard contaminants.
Call SERVPRO of Mundelein/North Wauconda 847-469-6982
Hoarding is actually categorized as a disorder of behavior where a person has the inability or unwillingness to discard large quantities of objects that end up eventually covering up all areas of their home or living space.
Hoarding is categorized as a biohazard due to the substances that might be found in your home, apartment, or commercial building. During hoarding situations there could be a wide range of things you could find from house supplies and magazines to hazardous materials and animal waste or remains. SERVPRO of Mundelein/North Wauconda trains our technicians to specialize in hoarding cleanup and restoration. Hoarding cleanup includes not just removal of items but also recovery and restoration of useful and valuable objects.
Following the cleanup and restoration process, our technicians will deodorize the scene so eliminate any and all existing odors that could have come from a number of sources. If more cleanup is necessary like, carpet cleaning, mold removal, or water damage; SERVPRO of Renton will handle everything and continue to communicate with you throughout the process.
- A common problem 2-5% of Americans meet diagnosis requirements
- Hoarders see objects having significant value
- Often begins during adolescence around the age of 13 or 14
- Often environmentally related
- Depression is often related
- Most hoarders have Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), anxiety or Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Consequences are more than a messy home- unsanitary living environment
- Increased risk of fires for occupants and their neighbors Accumulation of objects
Unsafe cooking and heating environment – 39% of fires in hoarding homes result from cooking
- Safety and health risks to people, animals, and the community
If you are struggling with a hoarding situation and need help discarding any or all items, SERVPRO of Renton will be there to help you through this process. Give us a call today 847-469-6982 or any questions or concerns
Harmful Waste (Sewage, Blood Borne Pathogens, Etc.)
Stay out of affected areas.
Call emergency service personal if the situation is life-threatening
Treat all bodily fluids as if they are contaminated
Turn off the HVAC system if there is sewage damage
Attempt cleanup of any kind.
Touch or handle items that might be contaminated with bodily fluids.
Eat, drink, smoke apply cosmetics or handle contact lenses in affected areas.