Grilling Safety Do's and Don'ts
May is National BBQ Month, with everyone grilling this time of year it is important to remember that grilling can be very dangerous. Below are some do’s and don’ts to keep friends, family, children, and yourself safe!
The Do’s and Don’ts of grill safety:
- Keep your grill at least ten feet away from your house.
- Make sure to keep your grill clean.
- Always check for gas leaks.
- Make sure to keep decorations or anything that may be flammable up away from your grill.
- Always keep a fire hydrant nearby.
- Keep baking soda near, in case of a grease fire
- Make sure your grill is on a flat surface
- If the flame goes out, remember to wait a few minutes before re-lighting
- Never turn your gas on when the lid is shut.
- Do not leave your grill unattended.
- Never use your grill inside your home.
- Don’t let children play around the grill
- Don't over fill your grill with food-grease could build up and cause a fire